#Shooting in #Florida : Four people were killed after two armed jewelry thieves hijacked a UPS truck !

Four people were killed in South Florida after two armed jewelry thieves hijacked a UPS truck along with its driver and led cops on a high-speed pursuit that ended when the vehicle got stuck in traffic Thursday afternoon.

The chase began in Coral Gables and ended 25 miles away on a busy street in Miramar, where a shoot out erupted once the truck couldn't go any further because of traffic. 

As many as 19 officers descended on the truck once it was finally stopped, spraying the vehicle with possibly more than 200 rounds, a source tells WFOR.

Killed at the scene were the two suspects, the abducted UPS driver and a bystander who was inside an idle car near the mayhem.

None of the dead were immediately identified. Friends, however, identified the slain UPS driver as Frank Ordonez, reports WFOR
He leaves behind 1-year-old daughter, according to his Facebook page.

Odonez, says his brother, Roy, was with UPS for five years, reports WFOR.


A coworker also said that Thursday had been Oronez's first day as a driver after having completed his training, and that he had been excited about going to work.
A gofundme page went up late Thursday to raise funds for Ordonez. 
UPS did not mention him by name, but released a statement saying the package delivery company was 'deeply saddened' he had been a 'victim of this senseless violence'. 

The pursuit began shortly after a jewelry store in Coral Gables set off a silent alarm about 4.15pm, said Coral Gables Police Chief Ed Hudak. 
Cops responded to Regent Jewelers on Mariana Avenue in less than two minutes to find that the suspects had exchanged gunfire with the store's proprietor, Hudak said.

A female employee in the store was found to have been shot in the head after a gunman's bullet ricocheted off the floor. She was later reportedly in stable condition.
One bullet was even found to have struck the Coral Gables City Hall.
City Clerk Billy Urquia told the Miami Herald he was in his office when he heard a gun shot. 

He then heard a second gun shot and then the sound of a bullet piercing his window.
'The bullet ricocheted off the wall and landed on the floor', Urquia said Thursday night. 'The last one I heard was the one that came in'.
The suspects then made their escape in the hijacked UPS truck, taking its driver hostage and leading authorities on a high-speed pursuit. The chase was captured by news outlets and broadcast live as the drama unfolded. 
Rush-hour had started when the truck made its getaway and as many as 40 emergency vehicles pursued.